Monday, December 17, 2012

Tidings of Comfort...and Joy

So many books line my shelves.  From them I learn, through the lives of their characters, how to wrestle through the trials of life.  I learn how the consequences of my actions affect not only myself, but those around me, often the ones I love the most.  I learn how repentance can bring restoration and peace.  But as wonderful as these books are, there is one Book, the true Living Book, which leads us in the path of righteousness and gives us hope.  During this season, it is His Words I offer.

 Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.  John 14:1

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Phil. 4:6-7

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
Because the Lord has anointed me
To bring good news to the afflicted;
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to captives
And freedom to prisoners;
To proclaim the favorable year of the Lord
And the day of vengence of our God:
To comfort all who mourn,
To grant those who mourn in Zion,
Giving them a garland instead of ashes,
The oil of gladness instead of mourning,
The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting,
So they will be called oaks of righteousness,
the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.  Is. 61:1-3

The people who walk in darkness
Will see a great light;
Those who live in a dark land,
The light will shine on them.
For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given;
And the government shall be upon His shoulders;
And HIs name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, 
Everlasting Father,
 Prince of Peace.  Is. 9:2, 6

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you.  John 14:27

Glory to God in the hightest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.  Luke 2:14

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come."  And let the one who hears say, "Come."  And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.  Rev. 22:17

But these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.  John 20:30.

May the peace of God through the Lord Jesus Christ surround you with tidings of comfort and joy this Christmas season.



No comments:

Post a Comment